The Laurels Fund was established in 1978 for the purpose of providing scholarships to female students who are pursuing advanced degrees in Accounting.
Scholarships may be awarded up to $5,000 to deserving Ph.D. students who have completed comprehensive exams prior to the previous Fall semester.
The selection of award recipients is based on:
- Scholarship, involving academic achievements in course work and research activities
- Service, including any volunteer work to which the applicant has made significant or long-term commitments
- Financial need
- A current curriculum vitae
- One copy of the official transcript and current enrollment in your program
- One copy of the abstract and citations of articles published and/or presented at academic conferences
- One copy of any cases or materials you have developed, either single- or co-authored
- One letter of reference based on scholarship, addressing both scholarship and teaching potential
- A second letter of reference on character and leadership potential
- A statement of personal and career goals and objectives
Recipients may be asked to make appearances at regional or national accounting conferences.
Please submit your application in PDF form.
Applications must be postmarked by May 15. Scholarship recipients will be selected by June 30.
Scholarship Application (PDF)
Scholarship Application (Word)
If you have questions or need further information, please contact us at 937-424-3391 or email@example.com.
Please return completed application materials to:
Educational Foundation for Women in Accounting
136 South Keowee Street
Dayton, Ohio 45402-2241
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
To assist us in our review process, please do not bind your completed application.