The Laurels Fund was established in 1978 for the purpose of providing scholarships to female students who are pursuing advanced degrees in Accounting.
Scholarships may be awarded up to $5,000 to deserving Ph.D. students who have completed comprehensive exams prior to the previous Fall semester.
The selection of award recipients is based on:
- Scholarship, involving academic achievements in course work and research activities
- Service, including any volunteer work to which the applicant has made significant or long-term commitments
- Financial need
- A current curriculum vitae
- One copy of the official transcript and current enrollment in your program
- One copy of the abstract and citations of articles published and/or presented at academic conferences
- One copy of any cases or materials you have developed, either single- or co-authored
- One letter of reference based on scholarship, addressing both scholarship and teaching potential
- A second letter of reference on character and leadership potential
- A statement of personal and career goals and objectives
Recipients may be asked to make appearances at regional or national accounting conferences.
Applications must be postmarked by May 15
. Scholarship recipients will be selected by June 30.
Please return completed application materials to:
Educational Foundation for Women in Accounting
136 South Keowee Street
Dayton, Ohio 45402-2241
If you have questions or need further information, please contact us at 937-424-3391 or email@example.com